Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stone of Destiny: Another heist film plots to steal my money?

I'm counting on Kate to take me out if I try to see this heist film...



A new heist film is in the works- Stone of Destiny, about the actual heist of the famed Stone of Scone, which was used for centuries in the coronations of Monarchs of Scotland and England. Is this a great movie in the making, or another elaborate plan to steal my money?


Hey, I'm all for heist film goodness, even comedic heist films. But this one is written and directed by Charles Martin Smith. He's better known as a bit actor and has been in movies such as the Untouchables, but it's probably more relevant to note that he was the director of Air Bud. Yes, THAT movie about the dog that can play basketball. Dark Horizons reports that the heist movie has been greenlighted with a $6 million budget, and will star Kate Mara (above) and Charlie Cox. I know you've never heard of them, but trust me, they're HUGE stars in Japan.

Did I mention that this film is about 4 students who steal a friggin' ROCK?

No comments: